Terkini… 1:15am 2 feb. Waktu Kaherah
CAIRO, EGYPT – FEBRUARY 01: Protesters watch Egyptian President Hosni Mubarek give a speech on a projected television screen in Tahrir Square February 1, 2011 in Cairo, Egypt. In a pre-recorded televised address to the country, President Mubarak announced that he would not run for another term in office, but whether protesting Egyptians would agree with him stay in office until elections later this year is uncertain.
Untuk meredakkan jutaan rakyatnya yang sedang berdemo dan memprotes ke atasnya,maka macam-macamlah yang dia berjanji.. nak letak jawatan tetapi selepas election,tak akan calon dirinya lagi utk jawatan Presiden selepas september ini,nak perbaiki sistem pemeintahan ke arah yg lebih baik dalam baki-baki pemerintahannya beberapa bulan ini, dan banyak lagilah yang dia nak kelentong rakyatnya.. maybe dia ingatkan rakyatnya boleh terima lagi kelentong dan penipuannya itu..dah 30 tahun dia dok menindas dan menipu rakyatnya.. berpatang maut rakyatnya sudah tidak percaya padanya lagi, dan rakyat akan terus mendesak dan akan terus berdemo sehingga Diktator ini letak jawatan.. rakyat Mesir tidak akan memberi peluang lagi kepada Diktator Mubarak ini untuk memeritah Mesir..
Saya menyatakan dengan ikhlas dan tanpa mengambil kira keadaan semasa, saya tidak merancang untuk menawarkan diri untuk satu lagi penggal sebagai presiden. Saya sudah meluangkan cukup masa berkhdimat kepada Mesir dan rakyatnya..Saya kini berhasrat untuk menyelesaikan tugas saya untuk negara dengan memastikan proses peralihan ini berlangsung dalam keadaan aman dan lancar – Diktator Mubarak
Protesters react in Tahrir Square to Egyptian President Hosni Mubarak’s televised speech in Cairo February 1, 2011. Mubarak, responding to huge popular protests demanding the end of his 30-year rule, said on Tuesday he would not seek re-election in a ballot scheduled for September but would stay in office until then to respond to demands for reform. An effigy of Mubarak is hung up at the centre of the square.
CAIRO, EGYPT – FEBRUARY 01: Anti-government protestors continue to defy the curfew as they wait to hear President Hosni Mubarak speak on television in Tahrir Square on February 1, 2011 in Cairo, Egypt. Protests in Egypt continued with the largest gathering yet, with many tens of thousands assembling in central Cairo, demanding the ouster of Egyptian President Hosni Mubarek. The Egyptian army has said it will not fire on protestors as they gather in large numbers in central Cairo.
CAIRO, EGYPT – FEBRUARY 01: Anti-government protestors continue to defy the curfew as they stand with placards in Tahrir Square on February 1, 2011 in Cairo, Egypt. Protests in Egypt continued with the largest gathering yet, with many tens of thousands assembling in central Cairo, demanding the ouster of Egyptian President Hosni Mubarek. The Egyptian army has said it will not fire on protestors as they gather in large numbers in central Cairo.
A protester reacts in Tahrir Square to Egyptian President Hosni Mubarak’s televised speech in Cairo February 1, 2011. Mubarak, responding to huge popular protests demanding the end of his 30-year rule, said on Tuesday he would not seek re-election in a ballot scheduled for September but would stay in office until then to respond to demands for reform.
Solat Magrib di Dataran Tahrir semalam
Solat magrib di dataran Tahrir Semalam
Mubarak says to step down after election
CAIRO (Reuters) – Egyptian President Hosni Mubarak said on Tuesday he would step down in a few months once a successor is elected, a move that responds to massive street protests but which may not satisfy many who want him out now.
A million people, maybe more, rallied across the country earlier in the day, clamoring for an end to the 30-year-rule of the former general who has towered over Middle East politics.
In Cairo’s Tahrir or Liberation, Square, there was cheering after the 82-year-old leader’s pugnacious broadcast on state television but also questioning about whether a transition of many months will be something the opposition will agree to.
“Leave, leave!” came the chant, showing Mubarak’s defiant insistence on serving out his fifth term did not go down well.
Looking calm in suit and tie, he said: “I say in all honesty and regardless of the current situation, that I did not intend to nominate myself for a new presidential term. I’ve spent enough years of my life in the service of Egypt and its people..
lebih kurang maksudnya” Saya menyatakan dengan ikhlas dan tanpa mengambil kira keadaan semasa, saya tidak merancang untuk menawarkan diri untuk satu lagi penggal sebagai presiden. Saya sudah meluangkan cukup masa berkhdimat kepada Mesir dan rakyatnya”
“I am now absolutely determined to finish my work for the nation in a way that ensures handing over its safekeeping and banner … preserving its legitimacy and respecting the constitution … I will work in the remaining months of my term to take the steps to ensure peaceful transfer of power.”
“Saya kini berhasrat untuk menyelesaikan tugas saya untuk negara dengan memastikan proses peralihan ini berlangsung dalam keadaan aman dan lancar”
Mubarak has lost the support of key ally the United States, which has pushed hard for him to make way for a democratic handover, at least come September’s scheduled presidential election. He also appeared to lose wholehearted backing from the army, which has said protesters’ demands are “legitimate.”
But his appeal to the nation of 80 million seemed designed to reach over the heads of the young, urban dissidents gathered in city centers to the wider population fearful of change and chaos. He accused opponents of being behind looting and disorder in the past week and recalled his military career as a defender of Egypt in war, saying he would not leave the country.
Kata Diktator Mubarak dalam sedih “Saya menyatakan dengan ikhlas dan tanpa mengambil kira keadaan semasa, saya tidak merancang untuk menawarkan diri untuk satu lagi penggal sebagai presiden. Saya sudah meluangkan cukup masa berkhdimat kepada Mesir dan rakyatnya”Saya kini berhasrat untuk menyelesaikan tugas saya untuk negara dengan memastikan proses peralihan ini berlangsung dalam keadaan aman dan lancar”
Egypt’s Mubarak agrees to step down — but not yet
CAIRO (AFP) – Egyptian President Hosni Mubarak said on Tuesday he will not seek re-election in September but rejected demands that brought a million people on to the streets around the country that he quit immediately.
The veteran president’s announcement in a televised address drew angry jeers from demonstrators who again defied a curfew to spend the night in the capital Cairo’s Tahrir Square — epicentre of eight straight days of protests.
His insistence that he would remain at the helm to oversee the transition also fell far short of the demands of opposition groups that have set him a Friday deadline to quit to allow a clear break with his 30-year rule.
A US official described Mubarak’s announcement as “significant,” but acknowledged it might not be enough to calm the unprecedented wave of protest shaking Egypt.
Despite years of studied ambiguity over whether he would seek a sixth term in September and his refusal until this week to even name a vice president, the 82-year-old insisted he had never intended to stay in office beyond this year.
“I say in all honesty, and without taking into consideration the current situation, I was not planning to present myself for a new presidential term,” he said.
“I have spent enough time serving Egypt and its people.
“This country — I have lived in it, I have gone to war for it, and history will judge me,” he said to boos from the thousands of protesters still gathered at nearly midnight in Tahrir Square.
Egypt is “the nation I have defended and in which I will die,” he said rejecting the possibility that he might flee abroad as veteran Tunisian strongman Zine El Abidine Ben Ali did in January after a popular revolt ended his iron-fisted rule.
Mubarak said the country had a choice “between chaos and stability” after the clashes between protesters and security personnel that have left an estimated 300 people dead and more than 3,000 injured.
These demonstrations “went from a civilised expression of freedom of opinion to regrettable confrontations, moved by certain political forces which sought to escalate matters and add fuel to the fire,” he said.
“My first responsibility is now to bring security and stability to the nation to ensure a peaceful transition of power.”
Mubarak pledged to introduce amendments to the constitution to limit the head of state’s term of office and to make it easier for people to field candidates in presidential elections.
Opposition leaders have long demanded such reforms but the ambitions of the protest movement go much further, inspired by the successful uprising in Tunisia.
“Leave, leave,” the demonstrators chanted in Tahrir Square after the speech, echoing the demand voiced by the combined opposition earlier in the day for Mubarak to quit this week.
Opposition groups said there could be no negotiations with the regime until Mubarak leaves and former UN nuclear watchdog chief Mohamed ElBaradei, who some consider as a potential figurehead for the protest movement, said Friday has been set as “departure day” for the veteran president.
One protester addressed the crowd through a megaphone.
The president “is very stubborn, but we are more stubborn than he is,” he shouted. “We will not leave the square.”
The anger at Mubarak’s speech contrasted with the festive mood that had prevailed in the square during the day as tens of thousands gathered, buoyed by a promise from the army that it regarded the protesters’ grievances as “legitimate” and would not open fire.
They were among hundreds of thousands who took to the streets across the capital, with a similar number in the second city Alexandria and smaller protests around the country.
Mubarak’s announcement did go a long way to meeting quietly voiced US calls for him to make his future plans plain. A US official described it as significant but raised doubts about whether it would be enough.
“The president’s announcement is significant, but the question is whether it will satisfy the demands of the people in Liberation (Tahrir) Square,” the official said, speaking on condition of anonymity.
“What’s clear is that this is a movement that is gaining momentum; it’s not going to go away. And it’s not likely to be enough,” the US official added.
“The message was that his time in office was coming to an end. The question is whether he leaves now or leaves later, but our message simply was that you’ve got to recognize what your people are telling you.
“What’s happened today shows that there’s some recognition but the real question is will they (protesters) demand more, and it’s entirely possible they will.”
US President Barack Obama sent a message to the Egyptian leader through veteran former diplomat Frank Wisner earlier on Tuesday urging him to announce that he would not stand for re-election in September.
Writing in the New York Times, senior Senator John Kerry had made the same point.
“The most important step that he can take is to address his nation and declare that neither he nor the son (Gamal) he has been positioning as his successor will run in the presidential election this year,” said the chairman of the powerful Senate Foreign Relations Committee.
But a committee of Egyptian opposition groups, which includes both ElBaradei and the powerful Muslim Brotherhood, pledged that there would be no talk of a negotiated transition until Mubarak “leaves.”
ElBaradei told Al-Arabiya television that Mubarak should leave by Friday.
“What I have heard (from protesters) is that they want this to end, if not today (Tuesday), then by Friday maximum,” he said.
The angry eight-day revolt in Egypt has sent jitters throughout the Middle East and Obama called a top-level meeting at the White House shortly before Mubarak’s speech.
In Jordan, King Abdullah II sacked his government after weeks of demands for change, Yemen’s president summoned parliament ahead of a “day of rage” called for Thursday, and a Facebook group of Syrian youth called for a peaceful revolution to start on Friday.
Hosni akan berundur pada pilihan raya akan datang
KAHERAH 2 Feb. – Presiden Hosni Mubarak dalam ucapannya semalam berkata, dia akan berundur pada pilihan raya yang dijadualkan pada September akan datang.
Bagaimanapun beliau akan terus berada di pejabatnya untuk bertemu para penunjuk perasaan bagi memenuhi tuntutan mereka sepanjang tempoh itu, lapor televisyen Arab.
Laporan berita itu bagaimanapun tidak menyebutkan sumbernya. – Reuters